Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike: Houston We Have A Problem


My family was blessed with no loss of life and no major damage from Hurricane Ike. Many of my neighbors and fellow Texans were not so blessed. The magnitude of the damage is mindboggling.
If you are trying to reach someone in Greater Houston there is currently a 75% chance they have no power. There is a high probability their cell service is sporadic and their internet access is limited. The best way to communicate is by text message. Ask any teenager for help in this department.
Our community is coming together to face this crisis and we are a resilient bunch who will bounce back.
If you need to reach me please text me. More when I can get to an internet connection.
In the interim here is a site who can provide a window into what we are dealing with here in South Texas.

No comments: